Monday, May 11, 2009

From the drawing board to reality

Beading is great therapy. It certainly helps me to de-stress from work. But life took a turn and the stress became personal as my husband was diagnosed with cancer. The energies got shifted to him and beads became trivial. But beading still helped to keep my sanity. What do you do when you don't have access to a computer, can't really bring your beading stuff with you and had hours of dead time in the hospital where you really couldn't concentrate but needed to occupy your mind? I turned to coloring triangles. Pages and pages of triangles, I had a box of my son's coloring pencils in my bag, a template of a triangle and I would ease my mind into a mindless mental state and just color those little blocks. Some people looked at me like I was crazy (I still am!). Half the time, the results would be nice, the other half just gibberish. Funny how the mind can go into hypermode and idle at the same time. Mind and No Mind, kind of a thing?Now we are in remission (yay!) and life getting back to somewhat normal - depending on your definition of normal. I took the drawings and started to render these triangle pendants. It's been satisfying to bring these colorings to life. You know what they say about finding some light in life's dark moments. I think about my state of mind then when my purpose was just to color each tiny block. And now the satisfaction I have in finally taking these drawings and creating something tangible, real. And, hopefully, give enjoyment to the person who decides they like the pendants enough to wear them.

4 comments:

Vee said...

Wow! What an inspiration you are. Trust that you will find peace and joy once again now that the cancer is in remission. Bless you guys. Veronica

Check out my first blog at
www.jewellerybox-vee.blogspot.com

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Be afraid, be very afraid, Regina dear! That triangle obsession is a dangerous one :D They are all fantastic, but that last one is amazing! Beautiful work, as always :D

SpringColors said...

these triangles are lovely. hope you never have to spend another day in hospital ever.

:-) MaryLou said...

Regina - I'm so glad your husband's cancer is in remission now, and I hope he's healthy for many many years to come.

You obviously spent your time well sitting there coloring in all those triangles. All of them are wonderful, but that last one is my favorite. Gorgeous!
:-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails