Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The American Craft Show 2008

My first show for the year and I was in heaven! Never did I think I would get into a show of this magnitude and prestige. The press release they sent about it says it all: NEW WAVE CRAFT. I met new artists, met my idol, Valerie Hector, made new customers, even 2 online friends! Best of all my babies (jewelry, that it) all found new homes.
This first picture shows my set up on the first night. I have to thank my artist friend and fellow DC Craft Mafia, Michael of Arty4Ever for the banner design!

I created so many pieces for this show, most of which I didn't get a chance to even shoot but the designs are, hopefully etched in my brain so I might be able to redo the favorites.

As I mentioned, I met Valerie Hector and she was gracious to sign my book - I was such a ninny when I met her and forgot to take a photo of her and me so this signed book is the only evidence I have of meeting her! Also, I met 2 (!) long time online friends who my colleagues in Eclectic Jewelry Artisans. Anita of GypsyDesigns and Kira of StudioBijoux. The show was exhausting but a lot of fun!

4 comments:

adam brown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa said...

Hi there! I was just looking through some blogs on ringsurf "bead artists who blog" and just had to tell you your table setup and banner are just wonderful! I did craft shows for a few years and each year we tried to come up with new arrangements and colors. You really hit the mark, this is gorgeous that that piece of jewelry is the coolest!

Riyo Gems said...

The blog entry above is very interesting. They have very well elaborated the items. I really love the above blog entry. And I have found a nice link. I have found great website for nice and beautiful Jewellery website. It has nice Styles and good product. They carry many items which are unique and handmade and also some trendy. They have sterling

silver Gemstones Handmade Jewellery. And also they have white gold 18kt Diamond Jewellery with Ruby, emerald and sapphire. You can visit them here www.riyogems.com/index-1.asp or www.riyogems.com please visit online shopping section and you can securely use your credit card to order the goods. The entire items are made in India.

Riyo Gems said...

The blog entry above is very interesting. They have very well elaborated the items. I really love the above blog entry. And I have found a nice link. I have found great website for nice and beautiful Jewellery website. It has nice Styles and good product. They carry many items which are unique and handmade and also some trendy. They have sterling

silver Gemstones Handmade Jewellery. And also they have white gold 18kt Diamond Jewellery with Ruby, emerald and sapphire. You can visit them here www.riyogems.com/index-1.asp or www.riyogems.com please visit online shopping section and you can securely use your credit card to order the goods. The entire items are made in India.

Related Posts with Thumbnails